Thursday, February 28, 2013

How do I get my Business listed in a Google local search?

Q. How do I get my Business listed in a Google local search? It is already listed in Yahoo local.

A. Hi, a Google engineer named Matt Cutts just highlighted this on his blog and it gives good instructions an joining Google local. There is also the importance of the Google webmaster guidelines to consider because you need to be in compliance with those in order to rank well.

How can I get google to change my local listings business information?
Q. Hello, I've filled out more than 10 cards after editing my local business information. I've written to google at least 15 times to say that they have displayed the wrong information on my business. They will not change my account. It's been two months of trying to get the information to change. I've called adwords and they say that there is no technical support for local listings and to just verify via the card they send in snail mail.

A. Business is a rather interesting subject. Business plates stand out under the CEO, and you can contact Google via Webmasters tools. Starting an online business requires a little more dedication and resileance

How do I find willing businesses to support and donate money for a Orchestra show?
Q. I'm trying to get local businesses to support my orchestra, and if they do, they get ad space on my school orchestra pamphlet. So far, I've advertised on craigslist and now im searching google maps for local businesses to find possible businesses to send letters to. any other ideas would be helpful. Thanks!

A. I just went out to businesses today looking for donations for the youth art department at the county fair. hehe! This is my advice:

You need to physically approach local businesses. Try to at first stay relevant to what you are asking donations for... such as music stores or musical equipment. Anything that supports the arts. Make sure your donation letter is on official school letterhead (Music Dept. specific?) and has a form for them to fill out so that you have their business information with each donation and for what amount.

Then, you have to physically go to the businesses. Why? Because showing your face (and perhaps being in uniform and even bringing your instruments along if they are not too heavy) will put you on their preferred list of all the requests they might get for donations. Then, just nail every business you can think of. Don't focus a lot on major national chains, it's too complicated getting them to go through corporate and such. Stay locally owned businesses. It will give them good advertising opportunities.

So yeah. Craigslist ads aren't what you need. Sending letters by mail gives you a small percentage of success. PERSONALLY approaching managers and store owners and such will definitely get you donations. You can leave letters with them to look over at their leisure if they don't want to make a decision right away.

Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment