Friday, February 15, 2013

What's the difference between hybrid view and satellite view in google maps?

Q. I use google maps on my iPhone so I don't know if there are satellite view and hybrid view in the normal google maps.

Don't answer if you are going to say no.

A. Satellite view Shows only the satellite image.
Hybrid View Shows the satellite image with streets outlined.
This is the same on the iPhone as well as a regular computer.

why is there a giant colonel sanders in the ground in rachel NV?
Q. so i looked up rachel, NV on google maps Satellite, and i swear theres a giant colonel sanders in the ground! what is it??

A. the hidden camera by the govt agencies. I think, could be wrong!

How to put tags on google maps to show friends where to park?
Q. I am trying to edit google maps or some sorta map thing that I can show to my friends to let them know where to park and where to meet up.

I used the google map maker but that changes the whole thing permanantly. I added a parking marker and it is pending.

I just need an application so taht I dont have to draw a map by hand and put an X on where to park.
How do I do this?
Thanks

A. 1. To use Google Maps, first you have to either SIGN UP or SIGN IN with your email
address and a password.
2. Click the box in top, right-hand corner to enable either a plain, or a satellite map.
3. Move around the map and zoom in to where you want to put the placemark.
4. At top left, click the box labelled "My places".
5. Click on the red box labelled "CREATE MAP". Enter title, e.g. "Party" and save it.
6. You'll notice 3 icons pop up at top left of map. Click on the middle one, which is
"Add a placemark". Then drag it to the spot you want (it will move whether or not you
depress the left mouse button). Then click it again and enter a title and/or description,
e.g. "Meeting Place". Then click "OK". If you get it wrong or want to change it, click
on the icon that will pop up on the left panel, so you can delete it.
7. For privacy and sharing settings, click on either "Public" or "Unlisted".

If you want to put more than one icon on your map, unfortunately, they're all the same
shape and the same colour, and you can't add text. However, the right-most icon at
the top allows you to draw lines and shapes, so to differentiate between placemarks,
you may have to get creative.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment