Thursday, February 28, 2013

How do you create a Desktop Shortcut for Google Reader (for offline access)?

Q. Gmail, Calender and Documents were all pretty straightforward but I can't find the option readily available on Google Reader - Help? Thanks.

A. ReadAir is a desktop application that will allow you to access your Google Reader feeds via Adobe Air. It mimics the same features and functionality of Google Reader, but with a much cleaner interface. Users will conveniently have instant access to all of their feeds in one simple desktop application.

Hope it helps you. Want online help for it you can have here http://www.iyogi.net

How Do I Transfer Subscriptions Onto Another Account In Google Reader?
Q. I really need to transfer my subscriptions onto my other Google Reader account, but how do I do it?

A. Go to Settings â Reader setting â Import/Export and export your subscriptions as an OPML file. Now go to the same page on your other account and import them from there.

What does a network admin see when you use Google Reader?
Q. I roll through a lot of my blogs via Google Reader at work. Most of what I look at is related to my work, some of it isn't. If my network guys took an interest in me, what would they see? A lot of time in Google Reader, or every blog that Google Reader is set to tap? If they can see everything, is there a way to prevent that? Short of setting up a proxy server (though not ruled out as an option)... Thanks!

A. it really depends on the level of experience of the Network Admin . I work for a national defense contractor who deals with some pretty secure information , as such we have the ability to monitor EVERYTHING you do . and i do mean everything , we use screen capture software , and software that detects anything you put in your usb slot , I am not saying your company does this but the ability is there , As the network admin I make sure things like viruses , and unthorized software is not a problem on our network by constant re-imaging every pc in the building about every 10 days . i have a ghost image created for our network ( all the PC's are the same) and push the image over the server . poof all the PC's are reformatted




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment