Wednesday, February 27, 2013

How can I stop the google map div element from moving the position of my web page?

Q. Hi there, I have placed a google map into a how to find us section on a webpage I am making, but when I put the <div> element for it in there, the whole web page shifts to the left by a few pixels. I have tried different positioning on it but nothing seems to help.
How can I fix this problem?

A. Hi,

it seems more a problem of styles than HTML programming (check the margin, padding and border properties as they are displayed differently in the different browsers).

Also, don't take this question bad, I know it can sound really silly: is the page shifting to the left because the vertical scroll-bar is shown? (this woukd be a problem in Firefox only, not in IE).

It would be easier to find out the problem if we could see the page, could you put a link to the website?

Thanks

How can my web page apear on a search engine?
Q. I created a web page, but I understand that in order to apear on the search results on yahoo, google or any other search engine I have to do something.
Could somebody please help me?

A. You need to research SEO and read as much as you can. You need to learn about keywords. Each page needs different key words, titles, and descriptions.

Change your user name on YA to your web page name (see mine?). Curious people will check out your website.

Create a Yahoo 360 page and add your web page. Check out mine to see how I used it twice.

Join a forum on whatever topic you webpage is on and use your web address in your signature when you answer questions. But keep it real. Don't spam.

In all of your e-mail accounts, go to your profile and create a signature that includes your website link.

It's a long process.

Also, submit you site to Google Webmaster Tools, MSN Live Webmaster, and Yahoo Site Explorer. It's free.

How to get ALL pop ups to start a new tab instead of starting a new web page in google chrome?
Q. Sometimes I have pop up adds that will appear on a new tab of the web page I have open, and then other times a pop up will start a whole new web page and its annoying having to go to the new web page and close it out (windows 7).

I am using google chrome. Can I stop certain adds from appearing on a new webpage?

A. You can't. That's why they are called pop ups.
Look at this:
http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?answer=95472




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment