Friday, February 15, 2013

How do you take labels off google maps?

Q. So I'm an architecture student, and Im trying to find a aerial view of Amsterdam that shows the roads but has no labels on them. Is this possible with google earth or google maps? Does anyone know of a autocad or rhino file that has this?

A. In Google Earth - Look in the LAYERS panel on the left.

UNCHECK the PRIMARY DATABASE. All lines, labels will be switched off.

Within the PRIMARY DATABASE - you can selectively switch on and off between boundaries, town names, etc also.

In Google Maps : On the right side is an icon of the world. Hover over it. A dropdown will indicate LABELS. Switch that off.

Hope that helps

How often is google maps updated?
Q. How often are the maps on google updated? Not google earth, but google maps. Please help!

A. Not often enough, I guess... Symptom: in my city, for at least two years, the map has shown the street addresses off by an average of a half mile. And the "street view" shows the winter of a year and a half ago.

How can I map a list of latitudes and longitudes?
Q. I have a list of latitudes and longitudes in Excel. I want to display these points on a map without looking up each location individually and saving it. How can this be done? I would prefer to do this in google earth or google maps.

A. I don't know. But I think your supposed to use a formula. Try finding it!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment