Friday, February 15, 2013

Where is the biggest Borders bookstore located in the USA?

Q. I've just been wondering that, or maybe even the biggest bookstore in America... -near Oregon would be nice too ;]

A. "Portland Powell's City of books in Portland, OR. On W Burnside Street you will find the biggest bookstore in America. It Covers the entire city block, with an entrance on W Burnside and one on Couch St. I've been there and it is HUGE."
*note this isnt my answer, a friend texted me this :P im not sure if it's right though >_<" maybe you can google it? hope i helped ^^;;

What is the quickest way to learn Python?
Q. I would like to learn the Python programming language a soon as possible. Right now; I am about to start reading "Python for the Absolute Beginner Part 2." The problem was the part one wasn't at my local bookstore, and I don't think I have enough time to read the entire book. Are there any good online courses such as iTunes U or Khan Academy videos I can start to watch to have a decent understanding in coding with Python sooner rather than later?

A. Well , if you have experience with other languages , you could always try the unproven method of diving face first into it........

What i mean is , look at the basic structure of a python program ( some example code ) and then just start writing code for a sample problem , and whenever a question arises , like , how do you declare a variable , how do you iterate , standard method for doing this or that ......etc...etc....search for it on google , get a satisfactory answer , which shouldn't take more than a minute , then get back to coding !

This wont make you a pro , but this will make you atleast competent in python in a very short time. + You'll be able to skim through once you do get a chance to read a book.

P.S Python is quite easy , though it could get on your nerves if you're used to languages like c or java.

Where is the best place to buy college textbooks for cheap?
Q. Currently my books for the upcoming semester total $582.60 at the college bookstore. I've checked around on the internet and found a few discounts, but nothing great. I was wondering if anyone out there knew of any places I could check for better deals?

A. just type in the isbn or the title+author in google, and click shopping.
They usually have a list of which websites sell the book, and who sells it for the cheapest price.
Buy used if you can, since it's usually cheaper that way. You can even rent, which is even cheaper.

Some places to check individually:
amazon.com
chegg.com




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment