Tuesday, February 26, 2013

How do I update google earth satellite pictures?

Q. Ok. I am on my itouch 4g 64GB.Then u am on google earth. Then I have the satilite of my house in 2009 and it is 2011 how do I update it?

A. You can't the Google Earth pics are maintained by certain governmental agencies and are scoured when taken to blur out peoples faces or other unwanted images, flying airplanes, ufos . then they are uploaded so that google can access them..New pictures have probably been taken but it takes a while for them to be posted due to this "cleaning process" this is why you never see a plane in flight in flight on google earth. and why it takes a long time to update the pictures used for google earth.

Could people ever look at an extrasolar planet's surface like the program Google earth does?
Q. I know Google earth is a collection of satellite photos, but what I'm really asking is; Is it possible to create such a powerful direct imaging telescope? Could a great enough resolution be attained, viewing from our solar system, to see the surface clearly, clear enough, to see alien forests and whatnot. I know it wouldn't happen any time soon, but is it theoretically possible?

A. In theory it is possible to obtain any degree of magnification, but it won't work in practical application because we can not built on this precision level, plus it would have to be like the Hubble space telescope because on that degree the particles in the atmosphere would distort the image. We can create detailed images by sending satellites to other planets, this is what we currently do. Next time you are on Google earth try out it's moon and Mars models. It has the surfaces of these planets in 3-D with nice pictures, just like the earth. You can even "visit" the landing sites on these planets from our missions and see what the surface looks like from any point on the planet.

Where can I get current satellite images like google earth?
Q. Google earth shows imagery date as April 6, 2004. Where can I get current satellite images of my place in NW Arkansas? Is there anything like google earth with newer images? I read people use google earth to look for crashed air planes, but how would that work if the images are so old? Yes, i do live out in the country.

A. Nasa_World_Wind is better than google chrome when it comes to image quality

get it free from here
http://www.filewatcher.com/m/World_Wind_1.4.0_Full.exe.16757793.0.0.html




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment