Thursday, February 14, 2013

How do I link to a specific google map on my site?

Q. I have a list of events on my website. I would like to add php script which turns the postcode of each event into a link to that particular postcode on google maps. ie. <a href="maps.google.co.uk/POSTCODE">POSTCODE</a>

Any ideas?

A. the only way i can think of is this:

with php create this url:
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=England+W11+2AY&aq=2

changing the zipcode in the query (here its "W11 2AY")

and then paste that url in this code where the _______ are:
<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="_______________"></iframe><br /><small><a href="_______________" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

with php you can prob assign that code to some container in your page

hope it helps

How do I get street view on Google Earth?
Q. My friend has it, NOT GOOGLE MAPS. Google Earth, and it isnt working for me. What do I have to download in order for it to work?

A. Go to: http://maps.google.com/ and type your address in the search bar. When the map comes up click on Street View. If Google has photoed that street you'll get the image and be able to navigate up and down the street.

Is it possible to use google maps/search api to lookup a business based on an address?
Q. I'm trying to use the google maps/search apis to find what businesses are located at a particular address. maps.google.com does it, but i can't seem to find ANYTHING on the internet about how to do it.

A. Hi dude,
I think so you have to download google earth

http://www.brothersoft.com/google-earth-59849.html

Google Earth 5.0.11337.1968 (beta)

then you have to go to Layer option which is left and down side of window you go through the layer as per u r requirement it is very usefull

Oks bye TC




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment