Saturday, February 16, 2013

How to save phone numbers from android phone to gmail account?

Q. I have a samsung captivate (galaxy s), I have heard that all phone numbers on the phone can be saved into your gmail account. So that in case you loose your phone, you can retrieve them. Is that true? If so, than how can I do that?

A. My contacts are sync'd between my phone (Google Nexus S) and my gmail account automatically just by connecting my phone to my google account and selecting 'contacts' as a sync option.

To verify that this is set-up do the following:

1. Go to 'settings'
2. Select 'Accounts & Sync'
3. Select your account
4. Make sure 'Sync Contacts' is checked.

How do I copy my facebook phone numbers to yahoo contacts?
Q. hello, I would like to have my friend's phone numbers to also appear on yahoo, I got the emails to import but what I need most are phone numbers. Anyone know a solution? Please please please, I have two new phones and need my numbers.

A. impossible, i think facebook blocked google, yahoo, twitter, etc. from doing this.

How to keep your phone number when moving internationally?
Q. We are moving from the US to London. We are hoping to use google voice to keep our original phone numbers so people can call us on our original number and get routed to our new UK number. Has anyone had experience with this? Also, can someone advise us on the best phone plan that would allow us to accept and make call to and from the US?

A. you could port your number to google voice, the only problem with this is that you would not be able to forward your google voice number to a UK phone number.. a way around this would be to buy yourself an obi110 which is the only telephone adapter that works with google voice...

the other thing you can do is look into getting a different VoIP provider... while i would not usually recommend for a main line - the magic jack might be something for you to look into for calls to and from the US when you move to the UK...




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment