Thursday, March 28, 2013

What ended up happening in the google Street View lawsuit brought on by Aaron and Christine Boring?

Q. In April a western Pennsylvania couple sued Google Inc. over images of their property being shown on Google Street View. I've been following this story and haven't seen any news updates recently since the end of August. Is the case still ongoing?

A. It seems that Google is not afraid to tell the truth about technology. It seems that we have finally and unequivocally lost our privacy.

Arguing that technology has ensured that âcomplete privacy does not exist,â Google contends that a Pennsylvania family has no legal grounds to sue the search giant for publishing photos of their home on its popular âStreet Viewâ mapping feature. Responding to an invasion of privacy lawsuit filed by Aaron and Christine Boring, Google has countered that the couple âlive in a residential community in the twenty-first-century United States, where every step upon private property is not deemed by law to be an actionable trespass.â In a motion to dismiss the Boringsâs federal complaint, Googleâs six-lawyer team asserts that, âTodayâs satellite-image technology means that even in todayâs desert, complete privacy does not exist. In any event, Plaintiffs live far from the desert and are far from hermits.â An excerpt from Googleâs U.S. District Court motion can be found below. The company asserts that the images of the Boringsâs Pittsburgh-area residence were âunremarkable photos of the exterior of their home,â and were taken during a âbrief entry upon their driveway.â In their lawsuit, the Borings charged that a Google vehicleâoutfitted with a panoramic camera on its roofâdrove down a private road to take images of their Oakridge Lane home. In its dismissal motion, Google noted that it intends to prove that there was âno clearly marked âPrivate Roadâ sign at the beginningâ of the Boringsâs street.

Does anyone know how many vehicles are used for Google Street Map?
Q. Does anyone know how many vehicles are used for Google Street Map ? I wonder cause in one of my searches I did I saw its shadow .

A. There are at least 3. I only know this because last month, while driving through San Francisco, I actually passed the Google Maps car. I thought that was really cool, until I realized there were two more just like it behind it.

Each car had, like, a dozen cameras on top, all pointing different directions.
It was REALLY cool.

What is the email address for google maps?
Q. So I can i ask when google street view came by my house. I don't mean that contatct us page where all it is is the questionnaire. I mean an actual email address. Thanks.

A. After an extensive search, I was unable to find any e-mail address by which to ask Google questions. I would imagine that if there was one, it would be flooded with e-mails and they would never be able to answer them all.

I did, however, find this contact information, which would be useful for sending Google a letter or calling them.

Google Inc.
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA 94043
Phone: +1 650-253-0000
Fax: +1 650-253-000




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment