Saturday, March 30, 2013

How can I get more hits to my website?

Q. Any ideas as to how I can get the word out on my customizable children's book company www.mjmbooks.com? We offer customized images as well as text and have original stories, how can we differentiate ourselves from the current companies that only have customizable text and get way up on the Google listings?

Are there any good books that talk about internet marketing?

A. The more links you put to your website the more search engines will recognise it and thenhopefully people would visit it, but beware of spamming.

You could trying putting links to it in books and gift ideas forums?

How do you remove yourself from google listings?
Q. I have stupid things I'm on google for from when I was a little younger like fan groups and fan forums. I have a pretty unique name so there is no mistaking it is me. Is there anyway to get them removed?

A. The only way to do this is to ask the webmaster to do it. He's the only one that can do it. I asked google to do it for me once but they refused and said only the webmaster can.

I contacted the webmaster about my problem and about a month later he removed his site from the listings.

What determines the order of Google business listings?
Q. Like for example if you type "Indian Food Atlanta Georgia" into Google. Dozens of listings appear. What determines which businesses appear first on this list?
Thanks guys....but those qualifications for google page rank seem to just be what ranks regular search entries. It seems things like business listings would be different (they're not actually websites, they're just listings of places.)

A. Theres many factors, its called Google Page Rank, which was invented by Larry Page, one of Google's founders.
The following factors are all taken into consideration when Google ranks your website:

1. Content
The larger your website is, the more text and pictures it has on it, the more google will recognize it. This is most important when Google looks at websites to rank. Which is why Yahoo Answers would be huge and on Googles first page for many different types of searches. Because right now, what I am doing, all this typing, is adding content to Yahoo. So everytime we type something, we help yahoo rank higher.

2. Inbound Links
The more inbound links you have to your website, the more google recognizes your website. For example, if I came on yahoo answers and said "hey everybody check out my site!" and I post a link to my website, that would count as an inbound link to my website. Inbound links are considered "stronger" if they come from other large websites.

3. Keywords
This kind of goes along with content, but the more keywords you have that people search for, the higher your website will rank. Keywords would be: "Indian Food" and "Atlanta Georgia"

5. Domain Name
A domain name is considered the strongest of all keywords. The domain name you choose can act as a keyword. If you own www.ThailandVacations.com and somebody searches google for "Thailand Vacations", chances are, your website will rank pretty high if it has content related to that. This is like the ultimate of all keywords.

6. Age
The older a website is, the more it helps, but this isnt as important as all those other factors I mentioned.

7. Outbound Links
Links on your website to other peoples websites which do not link back to your website in any way. This isnt as important as any of those other factors either, but still considered by Google.

Theres a few other factors, but these are the main ones.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment