Friday, March 29, 2013

How to upload my home to google earth?

Q. i have designed my home by google sketchup 3d now tell me step by step how can i upload it to google earth.
BTW i live in india.
thanks, i'll be waiting Jim.

A. Please keep in mind I do not have Google Sketchup but I have done some research on it.

Open the model you'd like to upload
Select File > 3D Warehouse > Share Model
Then you will be asked to sign in to google if you are not already signed in
Fill in the 'title' field
Fill in the 'description' field
Fill in the 'tags' field
Fill in the 'address' field (optional)

Select the Google Earth Ready check box (optional) use this if
your model is Geo located.
Click on the Upload button to upload
Your model will be uploaded to Google Warehouse and will be
reviewed by someone at Google to make sure it is correct and
Google ready. Then it may take 5 hours or up a week for this review
process to take place.
I think then you have Google earth open to your location and in Sketchup open model and select > Place Model from menu and drag model to Google earth where you want it to be and position it correctly and it's there. But that may just do it in your google earth
I was also reading that when you fill out the form when you uploaded model to warehouse that Google places it for you.

How do I make Google Earth Live?
Q. I've heard of people being able to see the Earth live. Do they use Google Earth and do something to see it live, or do they use something else? Please help me.
Alright guys, really? Insulting me because I asked a simple question?
All I said was I was wondering if it was possible, and if it was, how do I do it.
Then you guys go off saying I'm stupid. Really mature.

A. Not possible unless you work for the government and have direct access to a satellite

How do I track where I drive using Google Earth?
Q. Im planning a long roadtrip, and i want to have a line of where i have driven on Google Earth. What kind of products are there that can do this for me?

A. Not all GPS receivers keep track of your track, just some do. But depending upon how far you are going, you may need to occasionally save the track file under a different name so previous data does not get overwritten.

For example only Garmin automotive models with 3 digits 7xx or higher, or 4 digits 14xx or higher, have a "trip log" that keeps a trail of where you have been. When you connect it with USB to your PC, you can open Garmin\GPX\Current.gpx from your PC with Google Earth (or copy it to your PC and rename it to avoid overwriting it).

Most hand held units do keep a trip or track log, but may not provide voice instructions for driving (maybe just one beep when close to a turn and 2 beeps at the turn).

If you actually want to show a live track on Google Earth, that may require a suitable mobile phone, pda, or mobile data connection for a laptop or notebook computer, with or connected to a suitable GPS.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment