Sunday, March 31, 2013

Is it possible to do this with google maps or google earth?

Q. Is there anyway to draw a path on Google earth or maps and then email that path to my friend? My friend and I ride dirt bikes a lot and I want to the draw the path we are going to take and then email him that path. However, I don't know how to do that.

A. Maybe

How do I make a map of my patrol route using google earth?
Q. I drive a patrol route for a private security company and have about thirty apartment buildings and business I check nightly. I want to use Google Earth to make a map of all my accounts. I just don't know how to to do it. Is there a way to make a new layer and add the addresses or what? I'm just not very competent with the program and could use some advice on the most efficient way to do this.

A. Yes, type in the address of one of your buildings. Google will find it. You can then drop a pin there, saving the location. Do this with all the buildings. You can then map the route from Building 1 to building 2 to building 3 and so on.

See the link for the pertinent section of the Google Earth user guide.

How do you save a map in google earth?
Q. For an assignment, I had to plot 5 stores on google earth & save the map in 3 different views. How do I save the map with all the plots?

A. I don't think u can save with that.
Just click "Print Screen" on your keyboard.
Now go to the program "PAINT"
Just press "Ctrl + V" , and wa~la, u have a jpeg file already :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment