Sunday, March 31, 2013

How do I share a Google Document with an entire group?

Q. I have a Google account where I use Google Documents, and am the Owner of a Google Group for local writers; I'd like to be able to post a document to be viewed by everybody in the group, but when I use the group's E-Mail address as the "Share->Viewers", it doesn't allow anybody who clicks the link to view it (except for me, of course).

How can I post a Google Document to be viewed by only members of my group?

A. It might be easier to just add them as collaborators. I've never had a problem with that before. I'm not sure what type of document you're working with, but if you are including trustworthy people, then that might be the best way to have them view it. Also, make sure all their accounts are set up properly. Good luck!

~Phoenix

Can google documents record your voice and type what you say?
Q. I'm trying to take notes on a TON of information. Is there any way that google documents will record your voice and type what you say so that you don't actually have to do any typing. It will do it by itself. Or if you know of any programs that would do such a thing. Thank you.

A. Your computer has voice to text. It may work in google documents. Windows Vista and 7 both have it built in.

How can I save a spreadsheet on google documents to my computer?
Q. I have created a spreadsheet on google documents. I need to be able to save the document to 'my documents' on my computer. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

A. 1. go to Google Docs main page:
2. on the left of the document you would like to download there will be a small check box, check that check box
3. Near the top of the site there is a blue bar that has the options (new,upload,share,move to ,hide, delete, rename and More actions)

Click on the more actions button.

4. select the second option form the top "Save as Excel"

5. you can now download the file to your my documents folder.

done!

Depending on the browser you are using the save file dialog will vary.
If you are using Firefox the default save location is the desktop

if you are using internet explorer it will ask you where you would like the file to go by default

If you need a guide on how to save to a location for your browser just update your post with your browser of choice.

good luck




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment