Saturday, March 30, 2013

How can I take a google search and dump its resaults into a text file inside of Linux?

Q. I would like to make a database of the popular google search (inurl:view/index.shtml). Once I have a database of the search resaults I plan to use software to trace them and have a website where you can view webcams and thier location.

A. Use w3m's '-dump' switch to output the results of a search page. This (crudely) extracts things that look like websites from the search results.

w3m -dump "http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=cats&btnG=Google+Search" | egrep --color '(www)?\.\w+\.(org|com|net)' > relevant_websites.txt

How to turn off the history suggestion in the google search toolbar in Internet Explorer 8?
Q. Does anybody know how to turn off the history suggestion in the google search toolbar in Internet Explorer 8. I don't mean the searching history but the website history thats stored. It's driving me insane please help!

A. go to your google toolbar, click the downwards pointing arrow and click clear history. Alternatively, go to the google homepage, type a,b,c,d,e,f,g through the alphabet and everytime hover your cursor over each word/website and click delete.

How do I get the google search bar back onto my home page of my Samsung Moment?
Q. I always the google search bar on the home page of my samsung moment and one day I accidentally deleted it. It is still saved in the phone, but I don't know how to put it back on home page. Please help!!!!
Thank you sooooo much!! Very helpful

A. Go to the screen where you want the search bar. Press the blank area of the screen and hold it for a few seconds until it vibrates (usually - depends of if you turned off haptic feedback). A pop-up menu will open, select widgets, scroll through until you see the serach, touch it and it will place it on your home screen.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

1 comment:

  1. Thanks For Sharing Such a Useful Information. I also wants share some information about Gbp Athens

    ReplyDelete