Saturday, December 29, 2012

How do I use google maps so my friends can all add their locations on the map?

Q. Some forums have google maps so everyone can add where they live on the map? How do I use this? or sign up for it?

A. Google Maps has a feature called "My Maps" which you can use. Steps:
1) Go to Google Maps.
2) Click the "My Maps" tab
3) Click "Create new map" link (right under the tabs)
4) Name the map something like "Awesome group of friends"
5) Near the top of the map next to the navigation arrows, you can see tools including the "Add a placemark" tool.
6) Put a placemark on your location.
7) Next you want to invite your friends to also add their locations. Click the "Collaborate" link. It is on the left just above the title of your map.
8) Enter the email addresses of your friends so they can also add their locations to the map.
9) Make sure you click the "Save" button and then then "Done" button.

How early do I need to leave my house to make this flight?
Q. I have a flight at 4:24pm at the Atlanta airport on May 31st. According to Google Maps, I live exactly 2 hours and 5 minutes away from there. So depending on traffic, check in times, security lines and all that, how early would I need leave my house in order to get there on time and make sure my flight takes off without any problems?

Thanks

A. I personally would leave late morning, no later than 10:00 AM. This will give you plenty of time to get there without having to drive crazy, will allow for stops along the way (two hours really isn't very long, but you might want a restroom break or to stretch your legs sometime in there). Once you get to Atlanta you will have plenty of time to figure out how to get to the airport, where to park, where the ticket counter is, etc. without having to rush at all. The airport in Atlanta is a large enough place that you will be able to find plenty to occupy your time while you wait for your flight. I would plan on checking in two hours in advance, then figuring out where your gate is.

That's just what I would do. I don't always trust online map services to give me an accurate time estimate, and I prefer to be early rather than cut it close.

How do I add categories to the markers on Google Maps?
Q. I noticed that Google Maps has a new feature that lets me rate locations. In order to find locations, I have to search the categories.

I created a map with many markers of the city I live in, but at no point did I see an option to add a category to the markers. It would be nice to categorise my markers so that it is easier to find locations by type.

How do you do add categories?

A. I am too lazy to read everything you wrote... so ill just tell you now... I have no clue!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment