Friday, December 28, 2012

How can i make my own Map like Google?

Q. Actually I've been asked to make a Map for one city to navigate peoples. But I don't know how to make my own Map like google maps. Thanks
its not about embedded google maps in my own website or anywhere else. I have to make it my own from scratch just for one city this is my project for my University.

A. In you place I would use the Google Maps API (need a Google account for this), use the documentation David Karr specifies. You will need some Javascript skills.
I recomend you to check some examples here:
http://econym.org.uk/gmap/index.htm

Once you get the Google Map API key (each domain needs a unique key), and is placed in a page under the <script></script> tags, there is a set of functions and classes that allow you to work with Google Maps, allowing you to have your "own Map like Google", of course Google's technology.

What is the best apartment search site?
Q. I live in Chicago. I remember when I was searching for an apartment last year I found a site that had a map (google maps style) with the location of each listed apartment. It was awesome, but I have no idea what it was called and I can't find it anywhere. It was national, and worked for other cities, too.

If you know of anything else, Chicago-specific, I'm open to that, too. Thanks!

A. The best site is Craig's List, bar none, but it doesn't have the maps you're looking for. You might try rent.com as well, but it's more commercial than CL and the options are more limited.

What is the most accurate driving directions site?
Q. Hi, I'm planning to drive to San Antonio Texas and have never driven over that area. I was looking at Yahoo Maps, Google Maps and even Rand Mcnally Maps, they all give different directions, some even say left or wirte or vice versa on the same steps? Which one has proved to be more reliable, or which do you use?

A. Google Maps




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment