Saturday, December 29, 2012

Are there any good portable fish finders on the market?

Q. I take my son fishing to a couple of lakes and, because I don't own a boat, I always rent one for the day.
Do you know if there are portable fish finders that can readily attach to a rented 4 person aluminum boat?
If so, where can I buy one.
Any help will be appreciated.

A. Links are all for Cabela's so if ya' don't have one in your area you'd have ta' order it Online. Might try your local Walmart and see if they carry any of the ones I listed below. Good luck and hope you and the boy nail the heck outta' them fish ~ with or without a fishfinder ;)...

Cabela's: Portable type that mounts to boat
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/common/search/search-results1.jsp?QueryText=bottom+line&N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=bottom+line&noImage=0&rid=0180101070502&cmCat=perf&cm_ven=performics&cm_cat=Google_NonBrand&cm_pla=boat_electronics_sonargps&cm_ite=bottomline%20fishfinders

Cabelas: Type that attaches to rod
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat20166-cat601356&id=0031050017632a&navCount=4&podId=0031050&parentId=cat601356&masterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=IH&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat601356&hasJS=true

Cabela's: Watch Type
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?id=0031049017424a&navCount=2&podId=0031049&parentId=cat601356&masterpathid=&navAction=jump&cmCat=MainCatcat20166-cat601356_TGP&catalogCode=IH&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat601356&hasJS=true

Can I use a real estate agent to search for rentals in the Chicagoland area?
Q. I am moving 300 miles away next August. I have searched on craigslist and apartment.com but it would be nice if I could have a designated person to do search for me. I am moving in the Chicagoland area. Are there real estate agents (or anyone for that matter) that do this?
What about searching apartments for the suburbs?

A. They do this for high-end clients. For a one bedroom, they would probably not want to waste their time. A locator service would be better. I deal with them at work. I do NOT recommend Chicago Apartment Finders.

apartment savy
apartment people
apartment guys

chicago apartments and condo's

Or google "apartment locators chicago" and look around for yourself.

For the city and suburbs:
http://www.apartments.com/Illinois

Where can I find a good job for my Jordanian friend?
Q. He speaks perfect English and perfect Arabic. He actually majors in translation. He asked me to help him find a job in the U.S. but I'm not having much luck. He is a great person, very kind and friendly.

A. You can try uploading his CV to http://www.akhtaboot.com/. Though I've heard it's an excellent job finder, it only searches for jobs in the Middle East. Regarding finding jobs in the US, I guess Google may be helpful.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment