Saturday, December 29, 2012

How can I transfer a website built by google sites to a domain name I have under GoDaddy?

Q. I am building a website for my church. I am building the website via Google Sites and was wondering how i could take what ive done and add it onto bbcmar.com (my godaddy domain thats also hosted at GoDaddy). Thank you in advance for all of your help.

A. What you need to do is map/point your domain to your Google Sites account. To do this please see: http://x.co/Zbah That will get you going in the right direction. ^Colby Go Daddy Social Media Team

Are there any drawbacks to using Google Sites to make a website?
Q. Would you recommend using Google Sites to make a website?

Thank you for your assistance.

A. It depends on what you are going to use the website for. Google Sites is a really good solution for quick web publishing without having to learn html or css.

I've helped a few people build websites with Google Sites. I just finished working with a non-profit, community based Little League to build a site with extra functionality; calendar, map of field locations, twitter updates, weather, and picasa slide show. In addition, all the board members are able to have emails on the same domain, which helps with communication. There's a link to the little league site and a few others I've built below so you can see what they look like.

Like everything, there's going to be some drawbacks. Some people find the interface difficult to learn and getting set up with Google Apps for your domain can be challenging. There's a lot of help in the Google Sites help forum though.

For the right purpose and if you have time to learn how to customize the templates, Google Sites is a great solution.

How can I access my google site from another computer ?
Q. I used google sites because my teacher recommended it , I ve created my website but I cant access it without signing in , i need to know how to access it without signing in because everyone is going to have to view it from individual computers . Help please because its due on December 5, '08 . Thanks .

A. Find out what the URL of your google site is.

Type it into the address bar of your browser.

Hit enter.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment