Friday, December 28, 2012

Google Business isnt showing my listing. Who do I contact to find out why?

Q. I setup a Google local business listing account. I am wondering why it doesn't want to list me? I had it successfully setup at one time. Does anyone know who I can call or talk to about this? Its pissing me off. I am wondering if on or some of my local competition has something to do with it?

A. Go to www.google.com/local/add and add your listing there. Also be sure to sign up for the free webmaster tools and free google web analytics for your website. The Google Web Analytics is invaluable.

How do you get better Google Local Business rank?
Q. I have a website and it is listed within google local business, however its not on the first page. How do I raise the rank of that listing? what are the criterias?

A. I think by looking at the map and leaving reviews on the site. Soon I will ad my site http://www.njflorist.net . You can check it out in a few weeks and see where it stands.

How do I delete a yahoo local listing?
Q. I would like to delete my local listing as it is incorrect and it will not let me change the url. Any help would be appreciated.

A. Hello,

Once you get into your Yahoo account for our local listing at:
http://listings.local.yahoo.com/

...there is a "cancel" link in your active listings and you can follow the procedures from there. You can also look at Yahoo's help section at the below link:

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/ysm/ll/billing/billing-03.html

What I'm not clear about is why you are canceling your Yahoo listing? Reason I'm asking is that Yahoo gets it's local listing data from a larger wholesale company called Targus Info and Targus Info has a data service company by the name of Localeze that manages changes to local listing data.

Between the two of them your business listing is not only at Yahoo, but at hundreds of other websites. Additionally, there are other address data service providers in this industry and would include everything from Google, Bing, Merchant Circle, Yelp, Citysearch, Local.com, InfoUSA, DexKnows and many many others. Deleting from Yahoo doesn't necessarily mean that your listing will be removed from all these other websites.

Hope the above information helps.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment