Friday, April 26, 2013

What is the standard wall thickness of a 1911 foursquare home?

Q. My American Foursquare home was built in 1911. It's two and a half stories with a full basement. I am making a 3d model of the home in Google Sketchup and I need the standard widths of the interior walls, the exterior walls, the depth of the floors, (distance between the floor and the ceiling of the room beneath) and any other standard measurements that I can't get to with a measuring tape.
The house is 40.5 feet deep and 32.5 feet across, with a 30 x 8 foot porch in front.
Is there a website that has this information for me?

A. no websites for that I know of and the following is an educated guess from my years of experience remodeling older homes

interior wall thickness; 3 3/4 inch studs with 7/8 inch plaster each side
exterior wall thickness; 3 3/4 inch studs, 7/8 inch plaster inside 3/4 inch sheeting and then siding outside
floor systems; 9 1/4 inch joist, 3/4 inch sub floor, 3/4 inch sleeper and then 3/4 inch hardwood - for second floor add 7/8 plaster for ceiling

this is what is commonly found in many older homes but of course I can't see your home and it may be different

Is work at home with google real or is just a scam?
Q. Hi There I am just curios is work at home with google real , if it is please any one have you done it, is worth it or what is about it, please
I would like to do it if is real but I don't want scams, Thanks appreciete your help in this,

A. Unless you are talking about Google AdSense all those other sites who talk about earning from Google are scams.

Google adsense is a program which let you earn money if you have a website or blog. You can submit your website to AdSense and if they approve your site you get ads from them to display in your site. When someone click through those ads you get paid.

Can anybody recommend me an HONEST work from home money making program?
Q. I' ve heard too many negative comments on the "make money from home with google kit". Im looking for something(if there is a real one) that if I dedicate 3 or 4 hours daily it will generate me some money....Please advise.

A. its an oxymoron

"honest work-from-home program"

A! ya wanna build CD MODULATORS?

SNOT REEL!

First of all ask the promoters of any of these work-on-line
work-at-home gigs just exactly what product or service do they provide?
what VALUE do you create in your work (that is your at-home .. on-line "work")?

Its a pipe dream ... first of all, the people who say that they are running Customer service lines and need people to answer the phone and talk to customers, you will either be working from a script and told to follow the script exactly, or you will be required to have some experience & expertise in the customer service of that individual product or service.

Be careful and whatever you do
do NOT pay anything up-front for any "opportunity"

Good Luck
U gonna need it!
.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment