Sunday, April 28, 2013

How can i become an android developer?

Q. Can somebody please help me out over email, in some steps. At least calrify what i need to learn etc.
I know c++, jscript sort of, php sort of, Html and css.
I tried app inventor, it was horrribly time consuming and limited, unintuitive.
What do i need to learn.
I will not learn java.

A. Read up on the Android Native Development Kit (NDK). http://developer.android.com/sdk/ndk/overview.html I have only glanced through the information, but it appears to be tools to work with the regular SDK to allow you to develop C and C++ apps in Java. However, if you want to develop 3d apps, you will also need to get the OpenGL ES libraries (OpenGL ES 1.1 if you are using Android 1.6+ and ES 2.0 for Android 2.x). I am in the process of downloading it, so I cannot give you any specific information on how well it works.

If you know scripting languages you may want to look into the Scripting Layer For Android (SL4A). http://code.google.com/p/android-scripting/ I don't know anything about this though, but I heard it allow developers to use scripting languages (python, javascript, lua, ruby, etc.) to write apps for Android. I am not sure if this is an app in it self that executes scripts written on an Android device or if this is some sort of toolkit or sdk that allow you to develop android apps in a scripting language.

Although you say you won't learn Java, I would recommend you learn it. It is what most Android apps use and it is what Android OS was designed to allow apps to use. You will probably find far more support for fixing problems with Java apps on your Android than you will when using other tools, such as the NDK. Also, it is another language to add to your resume... which will help next time you look for a job.

Is making an application for Androids easier than for iPhone?
Q. I'm a new media graduate student who is deciding on what to do for project. I'm thinking of making an application. However, I find iPhone app process harder? I have time frame of 6 months so I think I can do it. I just want to get opinions from those who are more familiar with programming and making applications than me.

do you recommend app inventor from google?

Thanks!

A. iPhone development is harder because you have to pay for their development kit and you need a Mac (as far as I know). At least with Android everything you need is free and available on just about every platform.

Should I patent my app idea before I present it to app developers or programmers?
Q. I have a few app ideas I know will Change the world and people will buy. But they are just ideas written on paper. I don't know what to do next. But I wanna see if I can make some money if my app where real.

A. Roger:

Use the Google Patent Search to see if there are ANY apps SIMILAR to yours that are patented.. If there are then it is a VERY GOOD idea to patent it.

The "app business" is VERY HOT and rampant with copycats, which is why apps are patented...

Here is an app for job listings...
http://www.google.com/patents?id=55CbAQAAEBAJ&pg=PA4&dq=iphone+app&hl=en&sa=X&ei=F2RZT8TPDoXPiAKd2NS-Cg&ved=0CDgQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=iphone%20app&f=false

Check it out to see if you can find a keyword SIMILAR to what you want to do...

FOR SURE.. have them sign something like the NDA I give you below if NOTHING else.. But would be BETTER to file a provisional as well..

Do you know about the Provisional Patent Application? It only costs $125 and was designed by Congress to give individual inventors a chance at bringing their inventive ideas to market easily. It is SUPER EASY to do..

To see the top 10 reasons to file a Provisional Patent Application please watch the second video in this blog.
http://www.filepatentapplications.com/blog/

If a provisional patent application looks like the right thing for you to do then take a look at another website that shows EXACTLY how to file one using a video format.
http://provisionalpatentvideo.com/

If you need to know how to get your product sold on TV or to Costco, or Home Depot, or Target and the like then you might also enjoy reading this information by the Ginsu Knife guy! It is pretty cool. He gives you all his contacts and personal email!
http://bit.ly/GinsuKnifeGuy

Of course you could ALSO just go to the US Patent Office and figure out how to file a patent yourself. Here is the link..
http://www.uspto.gov/patents/process/index.jsp
The flow chart there is pretty nice to give you an idea how to do what you want to do!

Their patent search is hard to use and you need special programs to look at the patents⦠Instead, consider using Google Patent Search!

Here is how you can use Google Patent Search to search for an "Oscillating inertial microbalance"
http://www.google.com/patents?id=M5GRAAAAEBAJ&pg=PA6&dq=Oscillating+inertial+microbalance&hl=en&ei=vrbGTvGeDoXhiAKWpfXxDw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CDAQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

Just type the term you want to search for in the search box. Play with MANY variants of your inventive idea.

Also, for a more global patent search look here:
http://worldwide.espacenet.com/advancedSearch?locale=en_EP

Remember... Patents are MOSTLY "Improvements" on other inventions.. So, while you may see something SIMILAR to your inventive idea it does not mean that you cannot patent your IMPROVEMENT.. Example... A tire is an IMPROVEMENT on a wagon wheel. A radial biased ply tire is an IMPROVEMENT on a non radial biased tire. There are over 10,000 patents on tires... Nearly every single one is an improvement!

And⦠a special gift for you is a sample Non Disclosure (also called an NDA) that you would have folks sign when you show them your inventive idea. You can change it up and use others but if you have NOTHING now it is a very good start written by my lawyer who charged me a TON for it!
http://www.4lowprice.info/images/NDA_GeneralMutual.doc

For EXTRA credit take a look at getting a free website widget here. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING. Just use the FREE widget thing..
http://CBproAds.com/refer.asp?id=50245 It will allow you to put adverts to eBooks on nearly ANY subject. If you had a store that sells horse blankets then you would include a widget that featured an eBook on how to stop horses from biting! You get 50% of whatever book folks buy. Pretty nice!

If you like my answer can you vote on it? I ask you this because there are lawyers who read my posts and HATE them because my telling you how to do this WITHOUT their help... HOWEVER... many of them realize what I have to teach actually HELPS them do their job a bit easier because YOU are more educated if you choose to hire an attorney! Therefore it is important to LIKE the answer if it is helpful to YOU.

Thanks,

Dave




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment