Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Is there like a way to see earth live kind of like google maps but live u know? ?

Q. Google maps live or somthing like that?

A. Only the government has access to that right now.... it would be a breach of national security if that was public.

is there a way to create a google map website with live feed?
Q. is there a way to create a google map website with live feed i.e. view the ground/streets in real time?

A. No. The Google Maps satellite images are usually 1 to 3 years old.

How accurate are the time estimates on google maps for driving?
Q. I am interviewing for jobs in the area and I want to know how long it would take me to drive to certain locations. If google maps says 26 minutes will it really take that long?

I think a lot of the measurements might be too low from random entries I made. I'm not sure if they account for traffic and I live in a city.

A. Although I love Google Maps... If i'm looking for traffic just before a trip, I use Bing.com... link: http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?

Start by typing in your current location and then get directions to the next.. Once you have been given your route list/direction to destination, take a look at the bottom of the list to "check box" the "Use Clearflow to route based on traffic"..

This may give you the best idea of time with traffic at the current time...

To answer your question though, I'd say pretty accurate using posted speed limits on the various levels of streets and highways... But of course it's usually the best case, free of slow traffic...




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment