Saturday, April 27, 2013

What does, "A fatto in diavolo a quattro" translate into?

Q. I'm doing a project for my Italian Culture class and need to know the literal English translation. Google Translator won't help, so does anyone know what it means in English?

A. Hi!

The italian correct sentence is "Ha fatto il diavolo a quattro", because "ha fatto" is verb and needs "h" ahead, then "il diavolo" (not "in diavolo") because "il" is an article, not a preposition.

In English this idiomatic italian sentence may be translated into "He made such a mess". This sentence is used to indicate someone furious who, for some reason, put everything could be around him upside-down... is not to easy to explain, hope you understood... the literal would be "He did the devil in four" but I doubt it is sensible =)

Greetings from Italy!

The best website to get something in English into Hebrew?
Q. I want something tattooed on my arm, and want it translated into Hebrew first. I've looked around for translations (Google Translate) i then pasted the result to another translator and it came out as something different.

Does anyone know any 100% accurate translators?

A. No computerized translators are 100% accurate. Why don't you post it in the form of a question on here? Put what the translator is saying and ask if it's correct. I've seen many others do this. If the general consensus is that it's correct, than go for it.

What is the correct translation of the word "performer" in arabic?
Q. I'm into theatre, film, singing, dancing and acting and I wanna get a tattoo of the word "performer" in arabic. Can someone let me know which is the correct translation? I google translated it but I'm unsure whether that word translates literally and means something else. What word in the arabic language best translates to the word performer.

A. we say ÙÙا٠fanan
it means an artist, and when we say it, we mean the artist that acts, sings, paints, dances and those sort of talents

so yeah, it basically means performer, as well as an artist

it would look good as a tattoo, but make sure they write it in cursive Arabic writing, not the straight dull Arabic writing haha

good luck x




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment