Saturday, April 27, 2013

If i have google talk forwarded to my cell phone, does it still cost me minutes?

Q. I want to know if i forward my google number to my cell phone, when someone calls my google voice number, will it charge me when i answer on my cell phone?

A. its data, so no, it doesn't use minuites
if you have a limited data plan, it could use that up fairly quickly, unless you are connected via WiFi, which then would be free

How does Google Voice work when you have no cell phone reception?
Q. Can anyone explain in steps? I'm a little lost. But anyways, yeah I'm basically moving to an area where there's no cell phone reception for calling/texting. There's wi-fi and I have been suggested Google Voice for texting/calling. Can anyone care to explain?

A. Google Voice is a service by Google (obviously) that gives you a single phone number that you can give to people. Calling this number will forward calls to your home phone, work phone, or cell phone. With this service, Google also offers free texting and calling through internet connected devices.

First, sign up for Google Voice at voice.google.com, then follow these steps to place calls/texts

For free CALLING through Google:
1. On your computer: go to gmail.com, and simply place a call through the Chat box.
2. On your Android device: use an app such as GrooVe IP ($4.99) to place calls through your internet connection.

For free TEXTING through Google:
1. On your computer: navigate to voice.google.com and start a new text message.
2. On your Android device: either use the official Google Voice app, or GrooVe IP.

How does Google detect that you are using a cell phone when you go onto their site?
Q. Like, when you are on the internet on your mobile phone and you go to Google, it senses that you have a cell phone, and sends you to a different web page. I want to know how you do that.
airlaunch724:
Yeah, but how can I do that to my website? Do you know?

A. Its the cookies and the browser you are using. It could also be your IP address but i'm not sure. Google reccognizes your using mobile web, and re-directs you accordingly




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment