Tuesday, April 30, 2013

How to make phone calls from cell phone through computer?

Q. I would like to connect my cell phone to my computer and make/receive phone calls through my computer, using the computers mic and speakers for the phone call. I do not want to use VOIP, Google Voice, or any other similar program.

I simply want to connect my phone to my computer and make phone calls using the actual phone.

A. what you require is to talk using the mic and hear using external speaker. Its very simple, just coonect your phone to external speaker (with 3 mm jack). Use normal mic of your phone.
So no need to connect computer, however it will do the same task.
I would still say to consider using voip apps like viber on your android mobile.

How do I know if a phone number in the UK is using a VOIP service to re-direct to another country?
Q. I am trying to find out if a person that wants to place a large order with my company is legit. Is there a way of looking up a UK phone number to determine if it is a land line, cell phone, or if it is a VOIP re-direct service?

A. If you put the first 5 numbers into google it usually tells you the what area the code number is in.

Is there an online test I can use to see if VOIP will work well?
Q. I've read several reviews with people saying a poor ISP is screwing up VOIP for them. Strongly considering VOIP, but would like to see if it's an OK move. Also, any recommendations on a VOIP provider? Looking for it to be a "real" line for the house, as well as provide 911 services.

Thanks!

A. http://myspeed.visualware.com/voip/

or

http://www.bandwidth.com/tools/voipTest

Those were 2 of the 3 first results on Google for "voip test"

Was that hard?




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment