Wednesday, January 30, 2013

How do I get my Word doc delisted from the google search engine?

Q. I have a word doc on my website that google listed on its search site. I even created a robots.txt file telling the search engines to avoid that content but google still listed it anyway. How do I get my word doc delisted from google? I also want to avoid having google index any of my word docs in the future.

A. If it's on the Internet and you can find a link to it, Google and its ilk will find it and will probably link to it.

To remove it from Google remove public links to the document and wait for a few months.

Robots.txt is just a hint to search engines, and any error in it is likely to lead to it being ignored.

How can I get Google to assist in a problem with a Google Places listing?
Q. We have an edited Google Places listing that has been approved several weeks ago and we submitted it. But it's not being seen in search results; rather, old listings are. We have tried to reach Google through the forums (asking questions) and also through their 'report a problem' features....not a word...not even sure they view/see these reported problems...I really want to update my Google Places listing, we've done everything by the book...who can help us?

A. google is like a way way BIG company. It might take some times...

What programs should I use to improve my google ranking list?
Q. What programs should I use to improve my google ranking list? I want my businees to be in the top 10 results for greenvile IL painters. Im looking for a program that will link my website to hundreds of other sites. What shoudl i do?

A. This site is to improve your google ranking. You will probably have to redesign your website, but it will be worth it in the end.

www.sitesell.com/more-info/biv3.html




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment