Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Does where you place in a Google search ultimately come down to how often Google crawls your website?

Q. I understand SEO techniques such as inserting backlinks, having new content, and having relevant content all increase search rank but from what I gather all of this stuff in the end increases the frequency at which google bots will crawl your website. So in the end is this the ultimate goal of all SEO. To get google to crawl your website as much as possible?

A. For the "macro" search (as opposed to local search/maps) I have found that the biggest contributing factor nowadays is still backlinks, but now there is a huge push favoring "social curation."

This is all kind of the 80/20 rule that I am talking about here so please do not think that this answer is by any means the end all say all ultimate authority when it comes to backlinks. What I am talking about gives you the bulk of the SEO boost benefits that most people are looking for.

So, to further explain....you should still be getting backlinks from any source you can find and obviously the more relevant the better, however, with the advent of social media - Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus as well as Review sites it is more important than ever to allow for interactive engagement when it comes to your content.

Whenever you can get folks to talk about your site or a post you made, etc, and the more people engaged in that discussion, the more the search engines seem to place some heavy weight to that discussion.

Social Engagement coupled with backlinks is simply huge in my honest opinion. Simply do a search for "blog curation" or "social media curation" to find tons of info out there about this.

Who can I pay to SEO optimize my website?
Q. My site is over 500 pages php and I need it SEO optimized for google. I do not have the time to do this as this is a project I work on in my free time. I need keywords, titles etc.. I found some sites that do this but they do it on a per month basis charging every month. Who can I hire to do a ONE TIME SEO optimization on my entire site?

A. Just type in google "one time seo services". Believe me you will find several services that do this. But remember, that if your page don't have natural link building by users and even if it have, you should build incoming links to your site regularly, otherwise, it will drop in search engine rankings.

If i had a copy of my website in a subdomain, will that hurt my SEO?
Q. I was considering the idea of selling franchise type versions of my main site. They would be the same as my main site, but for the franchise owner it would be placed in their own unique sub domain. So would having duplicate copies of my main site hurt my SEO with Google, yahoo and msn?

A. Yes and no...but mostly yes.

Google is rather evolved say in the case of a wordpress blog. It generally knows that you may have some potential on-site duplicate issues...and won't take away your birthday for it.

That being said you definitely want to ensure you focus on having that text in one spot...esp if you're consciously publishing it in both spots.

If you are using one location as kind of a draft or private copy for a group of your coaching students, or whatever....consider making sure you exclude that location in your robots.txt and also if you have it linked ANYWHERE on your site apply the rel="nofollow" tag to the <a href="http://yourotherlocation.to-article.com" rel="nofollow">yada yada</a>

Hope that makes sense.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment