Monday, January 28, 2013

How can I make my data safe when I enter it in google docs?

Q. I use google docs to store documents such as spreadsheets and fax covers and find it useful. Is it safe to store sensitive data there, or can others easily get to my stuff?

A. I have never used it, but as stated here by Legal Adrew its not safe. http://www.legalandrew.com/2007/09/24/warning-google-docs-is-not-safe/

I dont thiink there is a way to make it safe.

How do you turn off highlighted text in Google docs?
Q. I originally created some documents in Google docs. When I was ready to move them to word i tried to remove some highlighting off some text and it did not work. I can't get it off in Word either.

A. How did the highlighted text get there in the first place? Did you put the background color for the text? If you did, highlight them with white then it should be fine.

If you have just paste the text from somewhere else, and you don't care losing Bold fonts, or italicized ones, or any sort of formatting and you are fine with a plain text, then you can copy the text first from a web page or from your Google Docs, and then paste it in Notepad. Once it is pasted in Notepad, copy the text from there and paste it back to Google Docs.

How to access full editing on Google Docs via iPhone?
Q. Some of you may know when you're on a computer how you have insert, draw, create table options on Google docs options are available. When you go to Google Docs on iPhone, it doesn't show those options in the mobile version, how can I get it to? Do I have to click view desktop version? Will this be hard on the iPhone? Are there any other suggestions?

A. If you use CloudDav from SMEStorage, this adds a WebDav layer over Google Docs so you have full creat, edit, save ability in Pages, Numbers and Keynote on iPad.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment