Monday, January 28, 2013

Why are there crater like structures in area 51?

Q. When you look at google virtual earth and live maps you can see crater like structures as if something heavy fell there. what happened there?

A. There are two reasons the first is the above ground nuclear testing, the second there is a set of actual meteor craters. They are from the late Devonian and are being studied by the University of Idaho Geology Department. Well the effects of the impact are being studied on the surrounding, they are not aloud to go into area 51 and look at the actual craters.

How many Churches are there in Manhattan?
Q. I checked out Google maps and there were plenty!

I also checked out Synagogue in google map for Manhattan, and there were plenty. And I also checked out the number of mosques in Manhattan. There were barely a hand full.

A. Many, many Muslims live in the outer boroughs.

Try looking in Brooklyn or Queens. I'll bet you'll find a ton more.

Also, as with many minority religions, many groups have informal places to pray in people's homes. Orthodox Jews did this for years. And I think that many Muslims do this today.

How come people live inside the National Forest?
Q. I was looking at Ocala National Forest in google maps trying to remember where I camped last time I was there. I notcied there are a bunch of streets in the middle of the forest so I zoomed in and there are like houses with swimming pools and stuff. WTF?! I thought national forests were like national parks! I thought it was a park for camping and canoeing and stuff! What gives?!

A. i'm not sure why, but yeah there are a lot of houses in the ocala forrest. i drive through there all the time. maybe it was families who had houses before it became a ntl forrest, but there's so many i dont think so. i think a ntl forrest must be different than say a national park. they are protecting the trees/woods from logging, but it doesnt mean it is pristine wilderness safe from human encroachment




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment