Wednesday, January 30, 2013

How can i find out which addons are slowing down Firefox startup?

Q. Firefox had been running slow lately, very slow. It took about 15 seconds just to start. I got so sick of it that i tried it in safe-mode and it worked perfectly! Now that i know it was one my addons, what do i do? I have a lot... Is there some program or way i can determine which one is slowing me down?

Adblock Plus
Google photos screensaver
Google toolbar for firefox
Google web accelerator
Stumbleupon
Talkback

They're all updated and so is Firefox. Someone please tell me something besides dumping them all :(

A. That happened to my firefox too.

Got the latest 2.0.0.3 and the only add on, on your list, that I have is Adblock Plus.

So you give up speed to be safe. You can delete Adblock Plus and it will go faster. Your choice.

Think I would rather be safe than fast.

Where can I find great animated screensavers?
Q. When I google "animated screensavers" I get one of two things. One is a bunch of garbage, some of the worst 3D stuff I've ever seen all layered with spam and malware. Two is a nice list of sites that want you to pay for the screensavers. Help?

A. These things equal malware.
Even the paid ones come with "managers" and all kind of crap.

How can i get a screensaver for my homepage on the computer ?
Q. Tigers are my favorite animal and i've wanted a picture of one for a screensaver or a backround for my homepage on the computer and iv'e always wondered how to do that but i never new so i wasn't able to show my love for tigers or have a butiful picture of one on my homepage so how would i be able to do that

A. I'm not sure why this is in the Pets section, but. . .

http://www.tigerspaw.org/images/tiger-pose.jpg
Click this link. It is a pic of a tiger. When it opens, right click it and select "Save Picture As". You'll have to type in a name for the picture. Then save it to a location you will be able to find it. . . My Docs. . .Desktop. . .My Pics.
Then locate the the file that you just saved. Right click it and select "Set As Desktop Background".

Viola. You have a tiger on your desktop! Now you can search the web for pics of tigers that you like (I suggest Google Images) and save whichever you want!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment