Tuesday, January 29, 2013

How long Google Places takes to update the listing profile?

Q. I have made some changes to my google places profile and after 4 days still waiting for them to update these. Does anyone know how long it might take? Thanks in advance!

A. Usually pretty quick. Google is PR10 and they crawl their own pages or any PR9+ website every few minutes.
Try pinging your profile url at bulkping.com
Just paste your profile address into the form and ping. Shouldn't be necessary really.

What's the difference between Google Maps & Google Places?
Q. I went through the whole Places form and when I was finished it looked just like my Maps listing. Am I missing something? And if so, what can I do to take advantage of Google Places? My listing includes all contact and business info including web site links and photos. What else?

A. Google Maps is just a collection of maps and locations whereas Google Places is information about a specific location on Google Maps. If you login to your Places account, it will prompt you to fill in any information you have missed.

How do I adjust the street view on my Google Places page?
Q. On my Google Places page there is a little window on the right showing the street view. But it's showing some house down the road. How can I change it so it shows my shop?

A. only google can do that




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment