Sunday, February 10, 2013

Why does google want your phone number when you are making a google account?

Q. I was trying to make a google account and i do not want to put my phone number cuz i am afraid they might use my number for somthing. But the thing is why right now they want your phone number for.

A. It is for verification that you are not a bot-- or say they say.

Google could use your IP address, your history, your location, etc. without an effort, so you might as well give them the password; nobody has had spam or harassment from it, so you might as well give it.

Why are big corporation sites trying to obligate people to put their phone number?
Q. Forx e.x: to make an account on google you gotta give google your phone number, if your email get blockked you need to give them your phone number ..WTF

A. The only "big corporate site" I've seen that requires your number is Craigslist, and the reasons are pretty obvious on that front, and they may not ask for it depending on what/where you're posting. I've never been required to give my phone number to Google. What kind of sites are you trying to sign up on?

Do I have to give google my phone number?
Q. I've just made a google account, and now it says that to verify it I have to give my phone number - why? Is there any other way I can verify it?
Please help!
Thanks.

A. I did it with mine. No risk and doesn't cost anything. Besides. They won't contact you ever again.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment