Thursday, February 7, 2013

When was the most recent google earth photo taken?

Q. My friends and I are tracking the Google Earth photos for a research project, but we con't find the most recent photos.

A. I don't think anyone knows for sure. The images used may be up to 3 or 4 years old.

Satellite imaging is VERY expensive. If there's something specific you want to look at then expect to pay up to $10,000 per image - http://www.spot.com/web/SICORP/2330-gsa-price-list.php but you can get 1km square images at 1m resolution from $7

TerraServer - http://www.terraserver.com/ - is a bit more reasonable.

http://www.nwas.org/committees/rs/nwasat.html - a list of sites that provide near real-time images.

How do I remove dust marks from digital photos?
Q. I have my photos on Picasa ( a free Google Photo Service). They allow me to edit the photos but I need to remove some unsightly dust particles and there is no tool for that

Help!!

A. Picasa ...is not enogh for this kind of task ... look for Adobe Photoshop or GIMP (free)

How can i find out which addons are slowing down Firefox startup?
Q. Firefox had been running slow lately, very slow. It took about 15 seconds just to start. I got so sick of it that i tried it in safe-mode and it worked perfectly! Now that i know it was one my addons, what do i do? I have a lot... Is there some program or way i can determine which one is slowing me down?

Adblock Plus
Google photos screensaver
Google toolbar for firefox
Google web accelerator
Stumbleupon
Talkback

They're all updated and so is Firefox. Someone please tell me something besides dumping them all :(

A. That happened to my firefox too.

Got the latest 2.0.0.3 and the only add on, on your list, that I have is Adblock Plus.

So you give up speed to be safe. You can delete Adblock Plus and it will go faster. Your choice.

Think I would rather be safe than fast.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment