Wednesday, February 6, 2013

What park in Portland Oregon (and surrounding area) is the most beautiful for taking fall portrait pictures.?

Q. What park in Portland Oregon (and surrounding area) is the most beautiful for taking fall portrait pictures.?
My friend would like me to take some fall portraits of her in a beautiful park with trees and beautiful fall leaves, maybe a cool looking wall, or some kinda neat background. Do any of you photographers out there have any suggestions on a gorgeous location?

Thank you! :-)

A. Forest Park.

I'd drive up to Thurman Street at about 30th Ave. where this old wooden bridge crosses a gully... that's the edge of Forest Park and there are hundreds of possible shots within a short distance.

http://www.portlandonline.com/parks/finder/index.cfm?PropertyID=127&action=ViewPark

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&safe=off&q=%22forest+park%22+portland&ie=UTF8&gl=us&ei=u0vaSvu6GpLEsQOZiNWaBg&ved=0CAwQ8gEwAA&hq=&hnear=Forest+Park,+Portland,+Oregon&z=11

Where to find Internet terminals around Grand Central, Park Avenue, 47th or 48th street , Lexington, Madison?
Q. Where to find Internet terminals around Grand Central, Park Avenue, 47th or 48th street , Lexington, Madison?

Hi all,

My laptop broke down a few days ago. I couldn't go online and check my emails. I mad a new purchase, but that's going to be a few more days before the arrival of my new computer. Although at company I can browse Internet, but the company restricting accessing personal webmails, etc. I just felt super inconvenient these days. There is a Internet cafe near my home, but that's 2 hours away from my company and it's inconvenient to use that Internet cafe either in early morning or late night. Where to find Internet terminals (so I don't have to bring my computer) around Grand Central, Park Avenue, 47th or 48th street , Lexington Avenue and Madison Avenue? Please give an precise address so I could search on the map.

Thanks!

A. Have a look at Google maps, http://maps.google.com/ . They have a business finder so you could find internet cafes near your current zip code.

What part of town should I move to in Tulsa, Oklahoma?
Q. I live on a fixed income of about $1,1000/month, in my early 40's, no car. Recently separated. I need to find a clean apartment (1 bedroom, kitchen, bath), friendly people, liberal population. I like peace and quiet, nature, culture, music. Someone on Yahoo! Answers recommended Tulsa as the place to find all that. Where in Tulsa should I look for an apartment? What neighborhoods should I look at first? Any newspapers or websites do you recommend to find a good place? Thanks.

A. I live in Tulsa and have been here for 24 years and I like it here. You will find friendly people here.

The road construction isn't any worse than Dallas (been there recently) or any other town that is growing. I did some cross state truck driving for a year, and Tulsa is one of the cleanest cities I have seen. For a large city, I have found traffic not a big deal. I lived on the east coast and that's another story! Dallas is terrible, too.

The problem is there are plenty of places with peace, quiet, and nature but you would need a car to live there. Bixby is nice and well within your budget. It is a suburb south of Tulsa. I live in another suburb, Broken Arrow and it is nice also with a low crime rate. The transit system extends to Broken Arrow.
http://tulsatransit.org/media/-maps/pdf/mainmapj.pdf

Jenks will be too expensive for you, but any place south of 51st street will be nice. The street numbers get higher as you go south. I live just south of 81st. and you can get an idea from this map. (zoom in for street numbers)
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Tulsa&state=OK

The Tulsa World is the newspaper for apartment ads.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/classifieds/

Apartment Finder
http://tulsa.apartmenthomeliving.com/

This is the search for "South Tulsa studio apartments"
http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&=&q=riverview+drive+tulsa+apartments&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=CmxymNs-HTLwygY7NBPDSzJoFAAAAqgQFT9CAdBQ#sclient=psy&hl=en&q=+south++tulsa++studio+apartments++&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=+south++tulsa++studio+apartments++&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=fb33825a2a74a863




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment