Wednesday, February 13, 2013

What is the email address for google maps?

Q. So I can i ask when google street view came by my house. I don't mean that contatct us page where all it is is the questionnaire. I mean an actual email address. Thanks.

A. After an extensive search, I was unable to find any e-mail address by which to ask Google questions. I would imagine that if there was one, it would be flooded with e-mails and they would never be able to answer them all.

I did, however, find this contact information, which would be useful for sending Google a letter or calling them.

Google Inc.
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA 94043
Phone: +1 650-253-0000
Fax: +1 650-253-000

How do I find the history of my Hollywood apartment building?
Q. I have no luck on Google searches. How do I find the history of the apartment building that I reside in, in Hollywood, CA?

A. What kind of history, like who built it, who lived there, who was murdered there or ? Try Google News search, and Google again, try searching just the street and city, not the number (often things are reported by block number). Ask old people in the building and neighborhood, ask the manger/landlord. Look in books about Hollywood. You can look at property records, but that likely won't give you much info.

Good luck!

How to view wide photos (scroll left or right to view parts)?
Q. I'm designing a website to promote a business and I have wide photos. What's the easiest way to make it so that the visitor can click on arrows to view other areas of the photo, like google street view? Now I know google used a spherical camera, but is it possible to make that scrolling effect with say javascript or flash?

If anyone has a tutorial they'd like to share, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

A. Might try using a zoom script for your images.

http://www.javascriptkit.com/script/script2/imagezoom.shtml
http://www.codetoad.com/dhtml_zooom.asp
http://www.findmysoft.com/scripts/image_zoom_in_out_script/

This is a Google search for panoramic viewing scripts:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=mSB&ei=Ra__SbrGJcGFtgfqrKCHBw&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=panoramic+viewing+script&spell=1

Ron




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment