Thursday, February 14, 2013

What does a network admin see when you use Google Reader?

Q. I roll through a lot of my blogs via Google Reader at work. Most of what I look at is related to my work, some of it isn't. If my network guys took an interest in me, what would they see? A lot of time in Google Reader, or every blog that Google Reader is set to tap? If they can see everything, is there a way to prevent that? Short of setting up a proxy server (though not ruled out as an option)... Thanks!

A. it really depends on the level of experience of the Network Admin . I work for a national defense contractor who deals with some pretty secure information , as such we have the ability to monitor EVERYTHING you do . and i do mean everything , we use screen capture software , and software that detects anything you put in your usb slot , I am not saying your company does this but the ability is there , As the network admin I make sure things like viruses , and unthorized software is not a problem on our network by constant re-imaging every pc in the building about every 10 days . i have a ghost image created for our network ( all the PC's are the same) and push the image over the server . poof all the PC's are reformatted

Is it possible for a blog owner to know if someone subscribes to them with Google Reader?
Q. Just curious. Do they get notified if a reader adds them to their Google reader subscriptions? Or no? Is there any way for the blogger to find out who subscribes?

A. The only way to know is if the webmaster sets up a notification system for new subscribers. Or they could use a third party software

How can I add my Google Reader to my Blogger blog?
Q. Is there a way I can add the feeds from my Google Reader and my Starred Items to my Blogger Blog?

A. Did you try, going to Layout, and Add a Gadget, and going through the list to find Google Reader among the available Gadgets? (Then of course in your own Google Reader settings you have to ensure your own Star Items are properly "shared/public").




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment