Friday, February 1, 2013

What can I add to this list to get a full view of the news?

Q. I want a wide variety. And hear from everyones perspective so I can then make my own decision on news.

Here is sort of a list.. There may be better, more popular ones out there, but I just want to know if I got most everything covered. Thanks!

CNN, Fox News, Yahoo!, Google News, Reuters, Drudge Report
Oh, and these are just websites too. Nothing on TV, although I will get it that way too :D.

A. http://english.aljazeera.net/

http://electronicintifada.net/new.shtml

How do I find out what caused sudden change in stock price?
Q. I'm in a class where we are practicing investing. One of my investments was Nvidia (NVDA). Between the close of business on the 9/10 and the open of business on 9/11, the stock price dropped from about $50 to about $35! How do I find out why? I tried looking on the press page on Nvidia's site, and nothing significant there. Also tried searching news.google.com - nothing sticks out there, either.
Oh, that's a good thing. I was worried! I see it in the news now - the split was announced a few days before it actually happened. Is this normal?

Also, how might I represent this in my transactions? A buy of 50% of my current hold at $0?

A. the stock split 3 for 2

so if you owned 100 shares before at about $50 / share, you now own 150 at about $35 / share

Good investment choice. Stock splits are usually a good thing.

This is not a purchase or sale. It is a corporate action. You represent this by simply multiplying the share amount you previously held by 3, then divide by 2. The market price has adjusted downward to reflect the increase in total outstanding shares.

In what way does facebook/google benefit by spying and monitoring their users' information?
Q. Its all over the news that Google and Facebook can now spy on their users history, searches, and info but how does this benefit them and how is it dangerous?

A. well any site can do this but fb looks at everything you do, what games you play, what your likes and interests are, etc. to make ads relevant to YOU. that way they have a better chance of you clicking on an ad so they get paid and make money off the person who made the ad. it's nothing new. either way you are going to see ads online. its just the way of things. but having "targeted" ads are better for you and the company's.it would be waste of impressions to show you an ad about meat if you are vegetarian. if you are still confused think of it as a "cookie" in your computer folder. it kind of works like that.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment