Friday, February 8, 2013

Software like google maps for chicago that can be used without an internet connection?

Q. all the available maps and directions online are great but what about when i dont have a connection?

In the chicago area i use a giant 400 page book of all the streets and maps in the area.. Is there something online I can download that will work like google directions/maps without being online?

A. I don't know of anything that's free, but you can buy map software like Microsoft Streets and Trips. The best free solution would probably be a digital map with no interactivity.

Can you tell me the best driving route from Detroit to Florida?
Q. Please keep in mind that I'm pulling a trailer with my honda accord V6. I've been told that if I take I75 it takes you up and down the mountains whereas if you take the recommended Google directions, it will be an easier ride as you will travel through the mountains.

A. I'm not sure what your talking about. i check ed the google directions and they too said take I-75. I-75 can be a little hilly and there are a few BIG hills but it's not that bad. I would think that pullling a trailer you would want to save on gas and this is most likely the shortest route. Well good luck!

Does google maps directions take into consideration traffic lights when it gives you an estimated time?
Q. I just want to know because it says it will take me 30 minutes to drive to my new school according to google earth directions, but this doesn't take into consideration traffic lights does it?

A. No. It just works based on the distance and the average speed of the vehicle (train/bus/car) you are travelling with.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment