Thursday, February 7, 2013

Is it possible for a blog owner to know if someone subscribes to them with Google Reader?

Q. Just curious. Do they get notified if a reader adds them to their Google reader subscriptions? Or no? Is there any way for the blogger to find out who subscribes?

A. The only way to know is if the webmaster sets up a notification system for new subscribers. Or they could use a third party software

How can I add my Google Reader to my Blogger blog?
Q. Is there a way I can add the feeds from my Google Reader and my Starred Items to my Blogger Blog?

A. Did you try, going to Layout, and Add a Gadget, and going through the list to find Google Reader among the available Gadgets? (Then of course in your own Google Reader settings you have to ensure your own Star Items are properly "shared/public").

Android question - How do you use Google Reader to listen to podcasts?
Q. I've been using Listen, but I can't always find a podcast that I want to listen to. I heard that Google Reader expands the choices. How do I find podcasts and download them using Google Reader? Or, is there another good podcast player that's better? (I used to use iTunes till I exchanged my iPhone for an Evo. Love the Evo tho!)

A. Unfortunately, podcasting apps for Android are pretty weak. Your best bet is probably just to use Google Listen, which will then sync with Google Reader. Then you can find recommendations based on your subscriptions when you're on Google Reader (although I think that's only available from your computer and not on your phone).




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment