Friday, February 1, 2013

If I physically own a book can I have it on Google Books?

Q. I have a library at home. I want to have my books where ever I go. Alot of these books are on google books. Can I have them online too. Or do I need to purchase them again?

A. You would need to purchase them. Google Books typically only has preview for a certain amount of pages - especially newer books - so you can't read the whole thing.

Do you know if there is any way to copy or print something off of Google Books?
Q. I am specifically looking for a labeled physical map of South Asia, and I found it on google books, but that's it. It's from Geographic Literacy

A. In a non-technical way, push PRINT SCREEN.

Paste it in Paint, crop out the physical map of South Asia from the background desktop, then save it as a ".jpg" file.

You can then open it as a Word file, and print. OR, you can just print the image like that, without opening it in a Word file.

That's the way I've done it, not sure if there's an easier way, but it works.

How do you automatically cite google books again?
Q. I have used Google Book before.. and I know there's a link where you could just press it and it will automatically cite the book for you (Everything will be written in MLA style) so basically you just copy and paste it... but I cannot find the link anymore.

A. http://books.google.com/bkshp?hl=en&tab=wp

Is that is? To get there you go to the main screen, click more, and then books.

If not I'm not sure.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment