Tuesday, February 12, 2013

How to put the name of your company on the google map?

Q. I have a hotel in Ethiopia, Africa. I want tourists easily find my hotel in the Google map. How can I put the name and address of my company on the Google map? These days it is very easy to find a hotel's address on the Google map in your smart phone. I need help on this.

A. I assume Google automatically finds the data in online directories.

Of course an owner verified Google Places Page is the first place they will find a business address, here' a quick primer with a link to the application page.

http://netcentricmarketing.com/googleplaces/

How to add a possessive punctuation mark in javascript code for a google map description marker?
Q. Hi.
I have been adding customized markers to a google map on my website, in the marker description I need to have a word with a possessive case punctuation. What is the right combination of quotes brackets to achieve this. Adding my single ' quote possessive punctuation mark screws up the whole thing and gives me an error.

A. \'

as in "this is my answer\'s sample\'s text"...

How do you plot latitude and longitude coordinates on google maps?
Q. First of all, do you understand my question? Here's what I am asking. I have a set of geographic coordinates such as Long. W 135 degrees, 40 minutes and Lat. N 45 degrees, 15 minutes. How do I enter those values and make that point appear on my Google map. If one cannot do that then it just shows you how lame Google maps really.

Thanks,

Gary

A. Open Google Map and in the Search Field

Enter Latitude First in Decimal degrees.

45 Degrees 15 Minutes in Decimal Degrees is 45.25 Degrees

Next enter Longitude in Decimal degrees
40 minutes is .6666

so you would enter: 45.25N 135.666W in that format.

If you enter an address and there is a RED TearDrop displayed with a "A: in it marking the location you searched for......Right Click on the RED teardrop and select Whats Here and that will dispaly the Lat Long for that point.


It is in the middle of the ocean.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment