Monday, February 11, 2013

How to back up Yahoo (Small Business) Emails and Import them to Google-Hosted email account?

Q. I have Yahoo hosted email account and would like to transfer it to a Google (Gmail) - hosted. How do I crate a backup from my Yahoo emails so I can import them to Gmail and not lose them?

A. To backup your small business email account you will need to use a POP mail client like Outlook or Thunderbird to download your messages to your local computer. Instructions for setting up POP mail clients can be found at http://yhoo.it/f6trt2

This will get the messages on to your computer, I do not know if there is a way to import them to gmail other than to forward the messages to the new mail account. If you need further assistance or have other questions please contact us at http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/contactus

Will there be a quest on Google for Angels and Demons?
Q. I know that Google hosted a quest in which questions about Dan Brown's book, The Da Vinci Code were asked. Those who were one the first 10,000 people to answer all correctly won a "cryptex", a small mechanism featured in the book. Will there be another puzzle or something like it for the prequel, Angels and Demons, which is coming out later this year?

A. I don't think so - I had a cursory look on Google and didn't come up with anything.

The "The da Vinci Code" Quest was fun, so I hope so, even though I wasn't one of the first 10,000!

How do I list my site on google, and do they host.And-host in yahoo?
Q. Queations about web hosting and listing:
Google web hosting?
how do I list my web-site on google, do I get to list my keywords like in adwords, in order for my site to appear on the search?
do I need to list it on other search engines, does it cost money?
If I use Yahoo web hosting, does that affect my rank on google?
thank you for reading all this, and thank's for your Aswers-all appreciated.

A. If you have a site, Google will probably find it eventually but to speed things up you can submit it yourself with https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/. That doesn't cost a thing but you need a gmail account. You can manually submit it like this to most any search engine or use a submission tool like http://www.webceo.com/ - I use the free version all the time, it submits to multiple search engines at once. It will let you enter keywords and a description as well. (Keywords could be it's own question!). Yahoo hosting shouldn't effect your google rankings although perhaps it helps your yahoo ranks. Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment