Tuesday, February 5, 2013

How do you get your website to pop up on a google search?

Q. I have completed the Google Local Business Center, map, coupon although our salon is not popping up on google. We are popping up under "merchant circle?"

A. Try looking at this, it may help: http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Your-Website-Indexed-by-Google

How do I get to the top of Google searches for local businesses?
Q. I have a new website, companycasuals.com/adwearllc, for my company Ad Wear . How do I get to the top of the list when someone does a Google local search for - screen print Hattiesburg, MS?

A. I looked at the site.

I know that the site is for advertising on apparel, but I took a guess about that. There is nothing which states "Clothing, t-shirts, caps with your company logo or ad on them"
Think about it. Someone is not going to search for Hattiesburg AdWear are they?
No, they are going to search in their area for "logo t-shirt" or "advertising caps hats" and so on.
Also, there is nothing on the site which says Hattiesburg MS.

To get traffic to the site through organic searches, you need backlinks to the site. Google "Press Release sites" and find the hundreds of sites which allow anyone to publish a press release for their company for free.
Write a press release which describes "who, what, when, where and why" about your website and has a link to the site.

Next, make a squidoo lens and hubpage about the site. Have direct links and product links to your site. Include Hattiesburg MS on your hub page and lens.

Next, create a blog for your site on blogger. Include the company/website description, Hattiesburg MS and direct link to the site.

Next, bookmark the heck out of your site. You will need to create an account on each bookmark site which takes time but it is worth it. Use Onlywire.com to make things go faster. Bookmark with tags incluiding "advertising apparel, ads on caps, ads on shirts, company shirts, company hats, etc, Hattiesburg, MS" and so on.

It will take time, but you can work the search engines to find you.

I hope this helps,

Google Business isnt showing my listing. Who do I contact to find out why?
Q. I setup a Google local business listing account. I am wondering why it doesn't want to list me? I had it successfully setup at one time. Does anyone know who I can call or talk to about this? Its pissing me off. I am wondering if on or some of my local competition has something to do with it?

A. Go to www.google.com/local/add and add your listing there. Also be sure to sign up for the free webmaster tools and free google web analytics for your website. The Google Web Analytics is invaluable.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment