Wednesday, February 13, 2013

How do i update my Sitemap in google?

Q. Hi i have recently made a website http://www.petknowledge.frih.org and i submitted my first sitemap about a week and a half ago, and i have now been indexed on google.

I have added anther 20 pages over the last few days, and i have updated my sitemap on the public_html so it now has the extra 20 pages there. Will google download my sitemap automatically again, or do have to resubmit it.

A. Hi,

Update your sitemap.xml and make sure it is on your public_html. If you do not already have a Google Webmaster account, create one:
https://www.google.com/webmasters

You can resubmit your sitemap there,this will speed up the updating process. If not, Google should automatically index it. To make this easier, make sure your XML file include these two tags:

<priority>1.00</priority>
<lastmod>2009-02-04T00:37:10+00:00</lastmod>

The first tags, tells Google how important each page is. The second tag, lets Google to compare the current date with the date that the page was changed. This helps Google index your pages quicker and on a normal basis.

I hope this helps.

Best,
Ashkan Sobhe
http://www.itchair.com

How is the "bought version of google earth?
Q. Okay, I do have the "free" version of google earth, and my husband and I have been using it to look at potential homes to buy, but it does not show the front of the house, just the roof and surroundings.

If I purchase the google earth download, will it show the front of buildings, homes, etc..? Or is it the same thing as I am using now?

A. Just go to http://maps.google.com and use Google Street View. Google Earth is not meant for house buying or recommendations. A satellite can't photograph that stuff anyways, and buying an expensive Plus or Pro version will not help.

Street View may not be in all areas though. To do that Google employees would have to drive all over the US, which could take many, many years.

How do I choose the destination my Google Chrome installation files?
Q. I do not have enough free space on my C Drive, but I have a much larger external hard drive that I put most of my programs on. How do I choose the destination of my Google Chrome download?

A. You should be able to choose your destination folder when you click to download the file or even installing the file. If you can't then, go to C:\Program Files & look for Google Chrome (it may be in the Google folder). Then you can just move it to where you want it to be.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment