Thursday, February 7, 2013

How do i update my Sitemap in google?

Q. Hi i have recently made a website http://www.petknowledge.frih.org and i submitted my first sitemap about a week and a half ago, and i have now been indexed on google.

I have added anther 20 pages over the last few days, and i have updated my sitemap on the public_html so it now has the extra 20 pages there. Will google download my sitemap automatically again, or do have to resubmit it.

A. Hi,

Update your sitemap.xml and make sure it is on your public_html. If you do not already have a Google Webmaster account, create one:
https://www.google.com/webmasters

You can resubmit your sitemap there,this will speed up the updating process. If not, Google should automatically index it. To make this easier, make sure your XML file include these two tags:

<priority>1.00</priority>
<lastmod>2009-02-04T00:37:10+00:00</lastmod>

The first tags, tells Google how important each page is. The second tag, lets Google to compare the current date with the date that the page was changed. This helps Google index your pages quicker and on a normal basis.

I hope this helps.

Best,
Ashkan Sobhe
http://www.itchair.com

How do i change and manipulate my download Settings?
Q. Ok, I wanted to download a large file. It will took me a day to download all of it using the default google chrome download system. So i downloaded Download Accelerator. Now when I downloaded the file, it will download on the default google chrome download . What shall I do to use the download Accelerator?

A. you should download DAP and getright plugin for Chrome. In that plugin you have choices of what downloader (like getright or DAP) you will be using, to by-pass it which key should be pressed etc.

Does anyone know how to make google chrome download faster?
Q. I have noticed chrome is the faster surfing browser but when it comes to downloads I notice "Opera" browser is faster. Does anyone know how to make google chrome download faster

A. Personally i find chrome so be slower so i don't use it at all. I do know the fire fox is a lot faster and has more firewalls in the browser itself so surfing the web is safer. you can also speed up fire fox on my website www.softwarepros.webs.com. it is under forums speed up fire fox. there you will find a step by step on speeding it up and i also fix the memory leak with fire fox.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment