Tuesday, February 5, 2013

how do i stop suggestions in the google tool bar?

Q. how do I get the google tool bar to stop suggesting me sites from sites i already went to.cause it gets pretty annoying.please help me out.

A. 1.Go to the settings button on the right of the toolbar
2. Click "options" in the drop down
3. Click "Search Box Settings..."
4. Un check Suggest searches from my search history
5. Done

Are you using Firefox or IE?

Are you talking about the google toolbar from google or the built in one that is on the upper right of the standard toolbar.
*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
Note: Please pick the best answer, Not knowing if I helped or not makes me want to quit answering questions.

Also if you pick the best answer you get points back. So you get points back and I get to know I helped, good for everybody right?

how do I delete my search history selectively in the google tool bar?
Q. In the google tool bar history there are several searches which I want to delete and keep the others but can't find any option to delete the specific searches. If I hit clear history button the entire search history will be gone which I do not want.

A. I assume you want to delete the search keywords which you typed earlier during searching on google which you want to delete now.

So in Internet Explorer. You open the page like suppose google.com Then when you click the horizontal bar or type a letter a pop down menu shows ur various previuos searches. Now just select that keyword (means it is highlighted) then hit delete. This will remove just that keyword which u want to delete.

In firefox also follow the same procedure. I hope this solves your problem.

How do I disable the internet explorer tool bar from auto filling?
Q. When I am typing in a search in my google tool bar, it will switch to my ie tool bar in the middle of what I am typing. Very annoying. How do I stop that from happening? Thanks

A. I imagine you start typing before your browser completely loads the page. This is something you cannot change.

Once the page is being loaded it puts your cursor to the default location and that happens to be the location bar.

In *MY* opinion you should ditch IE and look into Mozilla's Firefox or Opera. Both browsers are safer and faster!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment