Tuesday, February 12, 2013

How do I import my iPhone calendar into Google Calendars?

Q. I have an empty Google calendar and I want to sync my iPhone calendar with my Google one. If I choose to simply sync them it erases all my iPhone events to begin with. I need to import my iPhone calendar to Google Calendars before I sync them.

A. You can use the MobileMe software within iTunes to do this, although I would highly recommend installing the Google app from the App Store, onto your iPhone and using that. It syncs immediately with your google calendar just the same, however it is free.

I use it constantly as I work shifts and need to know what I'm working each day. It's great!

Good luck!

How does one convert a Google calendar into one of the following types of files?
Q. Does anyone know how to convert a Google calendar file to a .dba or .vcs? I am trying to upload my google calendar to my Palm Desktop.

A. you need to export the calendar - the easiest way to do this is to sync it with Outlook and then export it -

How do I import an iCal file to Google Calendar?
Q. So I exported my iCal file and it saves as a .ics file. When i go to Google Calendar, click the add - import calendar, then choose the location of where my ics file is, it tries to import but then an error messages shows up saying "Processed Zero Events" and nothing imports.

A. Sync ical with google calender:
1 Sign on to your Google Calendar account.

2 Click the down arrow next to the calendar you want to share on the left side of the browser window in the "My Calendars" box.

3 Select "Share this calendar."

4 Select the "Calendar Details" tab and scroll all the way down to Google Calendar's "Private Address" section.

5Click the green "iCal" button next to "Private Address" on the Google Calendar Details page.

6 Copy the URL (web address) on the pop-up window. This is your private calendar address and shouldn't be shared with anyone else since it shows all your events on Google Calendar.

7 Launch iCal in Mac OSX from your Dock.

8 Select "Calendar" from the top menu and click on the "Subscribe" option.

9 Paste (control-V) the URL you copied in Step 6 into the "Subscribe to:" field on the window that pops up.

10 Hit the "Subscribe" button.

11 Type in the name of the calendar in the "Name" field of the information window that pops up after you subscribed to your Google Calendar. You can also type in a description just below the "Name" field.

12 Click the check boxes next to "Alarms," "Attachments," and "To Do items" if you don't want to import those things from Google Calendar.

13 Select a time interval from the "Auto-refresh" drop-down box. This will tell iCal to refresh Google Calendar according to the time interval you selected.

14 Hit the "OK" button. Your Google Calendar is now listed underneath "Subscriptions" in the left pane of iCal's window.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment