Saturday, February 2, 2013

How do I find articles from old magazines?

Q. For example, I'm looking for an article published in Psychology Today in 1978, and other similar hard-to-find out-of-print articles. I don't need the actual back-issue, just access to the article online. Google and books.google come up with nothing, but I imagine there must be some database like Lexis-Nexis, except that Lexis-Nexis is just for business articles I believe. Any thoughts?

A. Most magazines have an archive. Try searching at the magazine website under archives.

What are four opinions Supreme Court Justices can write when deciding upon a case?
Q. Please and Thank y0u! i found one more i cant find in my book. google is really no help.

A. I think the four opinions are:

1) Majority opinion - This is the ruling of five of the nine Justices and becomes the presiding ruling (outcome). One Justice authors the majority opinion.

2) Concurring -- This is an opinion written by one or more of the Justices when they agree with the ruling, but would like to say more or present additional thoughts regarding the case

3) Dissenting -- This is an opinion written by one or more of the Justices who do not agree with the ruling; in the dissenting opinion, they explain their reasoning for their dissent and provide their rebuttal of the majority's ruling.

4) Per curiam -- This is an opinion issued by and for the entire court rather than by one judge writing for the court (as opposed to a majority opinion).

Good luck!

What are some books of literary merit written by two authors?
Q. I need to know for literature class. I can not find any books through Google that are also in my school's library, but that isn't saying much because Google only found one book. I'm sure there are more, but I can't think of any.

A. Don't Blink By James Patterson and Howard Roughan




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment