Friday, February 1, 2013

How do I add a javascript calendar to a website hosted by godaddy?

Q. I have a website hosted by godaddy.com. I'm looking to add a calendar that I can embed on the site and update with events that everyone can see.
Preferably free sites or extras that godaddy offers.

A. the code will be the same no matter which company the site is hosted by.

if you google javascript calandar I assure you lots of relevant examples will come up

How do domains get their website on the internet?
Q. I hope you understand this.

My e-mail address is me94@optonline.net if you'd like to contact me.

I would like to create a website and host my own domain. In other words, I would like to publish my own website with out using a website hosting provider.

What I want to know is:

How did Google get their web-page on the internet without paying a monthly/yearly fee to keep it running?
I want to know how domains get their website on the internet without using a host. For example, www.GoDaddy.com hosts peoples' websites. I want to know how GoDaddy got their website on the internet.
I don't want to know how people get their websites on Google search, I want to know how an individual website got their information to be accessed by everyone. How did Yahoo! become a website?

A. They buy a server (or network of servers) and host it themselves.

What's the difference between a godaddy hit counter and google analytics visitor tracking?
Q. Hi,

My website (hosted by godaddy) has a godaddy hit counter. When I log into my google analytic account, the visiters stated on it are always lower that what's on my godaddy hit counter. Please explain this, as I would like to know how many people are truly visiting my website. Thank you for your help!

A. Depending on what type of reporting godaddy gives, googleâs analytics gives you a wide range of reports from where the visitor came from, how long they stayed and how many pages they viewed while on your site. It also gives you a chance to download the report into a pdf file if you want to keep a record per time period you want to view. Personally, I think it is a better resource to use than any other.

The reason why the count is lower is because google analytics reports on unique visits, not each time your site is viewed. Thatâs probably what is happening with your godaddy counter. Each hit it reports is not from a unique visitor.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment